Pages

Posted on: Thursday 30 May 2013

Documentaries are hard to make.

So I've been a little MIA recently and I'm sorry (Even though I don't know if anyone is actually reading this!) I'm nearing the end of my 1st year of college and I've got one more final project to do.

The course I'm doing is media production as I want to get into filming or directing when I'm older, and throughout the course (along with horrid assignments and portfolios) you get to do some practical projects such as interviews, music video (which is my favourite so far) magazine shows and the one I'm doing one right now. Documentary.

Now I love documentaries (David Attenborough is the greatest) but creating one is far more difficult than I ever expected. It's nice to have the freedom to choose your own topic, but at the same time its really difficult to think of a good idea. And we also for the first time got to choose our own groups, and of course everyone ran to their friends, as did I because even though my lecturers said it wasn't recommended my 2 friends tend to work really well, so I thought we'd be okay.

Oh, I was wrong.

Now I love them to bits, but trying to keep 2 boys on track to get things done is extremely difficult, especially when they're mocking the shit out of you. So you can tell I'm annoyed at how bad the whole thing is going. Luckily we've managed to get decent interviews, but we have a week to edit our 20 minute documentary and I'm very nervous that we won't finish it in time, and the prospect of it not being good enough to get a decent grade is making it worse.

So I guess a lesson to learn is don't go with your friends, because not matter how well you know them, that can be your weakness and they will more likely slack and you will find it harder to be mean to them. 

I am gonna be so relived after this documentary project is finished.
Anyone else been in my situation? Let me know in the comments!
Don't forget to visit my tumblr: harrystop-stagram.tumblr.com
See you soon!
Sian x

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg